Saturday, September 24, 2011

As a brigadier

Today, it's the second time I attend the Fire Brigade meeting.

I was a little flabbergasted when the instructors who came in the class were not the ones I met last week. These two new guys were actually from the Perak Fire Brigade headquarters in Ipoh. They must have left Ipoh in the wee hours of the morning to Tanjung Malim because they had to reach here at 8 a.m.

After some briefing, we went out for drill. Basically, the moves were easy. I was in the Boys' Brigade prior to this and I had been familiar with this kind of drill. Even though we were under the bright morning Sun, it was not a difficult task for me. Good that I didn't register for the 11 a.m. slot. That would be crazy. Imagine doing drill under the afternoon Sun.

The drill, however, made me miss my days when I was in the Boys' Brigade. I love the fellowship. I love the friendship. But I didn't like the band. I was and still am a person with minimal musical talents.

For that reason, today I also emailed a lecturer from the Music Faculty to seek for her advice as I may not be able to learn to play flute with her this semester. My timetable is packed.

Hopefully she'll give me the best suggestion. I would still love to learn to play flute. Just maybe, not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment