Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pride & Prejudice

I am proud. Very proud. I know I'm rather smart and I love to be in the limelight. I don't like show-offs. They are stupid, I thought. For this very reason, this personality of mine made me lose the chances to learn new things.

I knew that I was not good at tennis. But after the last lecture of the day, I invited my classmate to just play a little tennis. Not exactly to have a game. Both of us took tennis as our co-curricular activity and we were are still are novice. As we were playing, a young man came and started telling us how to play tennis. I supposed he's from the Sports and Coaching Faculty.

Hello dude! I know you are smart. You Sport Science kids are excellent in sports. But please... Can't you just get lost and play somewhere else? I don't need nobody to make me look like a fool!

But then, he wasn't arrogant or snobbish. I guess it was just me. My ego. My pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment