Monday, September 26, 2011

What a joke

The weather has been unpredictable recently. This moment, it could be hot like a furnace. Before you know it, the sky will show signs that it is going to rain anytime.

This happened today. I had class from 8 to 10 am. After meeting with lecturers and dealing with some matters, I headed home to do my laundry, since it had been a hot morning. It was so hot that I felt like energy being drained out from my body.

When I reached home, a friend was using the bathroom. My detergent was in the bathroom, so I waited for him to come out. All I heard was him singing loudly. When my turn came, I quickly grabbed the detergent and did my laundry using the washing machine. Then, I took a nap because I was just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired. Dead tired. I needed a 'power nap' so much. Still, that same friend who 'delayed' my laundry time, came back with a packet of lunch. It wasn't a problem until the rustling of the plastic bags started.

Every single whisper is audible when I'm in the sleeping mode. I'll be very sensitive to sounds. That friend of mind didn't know, so every single sound made by the plastic bags, every time the spoon brushed against the polystyrene box, every time he slurped a mouthful of his lunch, those 'whispers' woke me up. Obviously I wasn't happy because I don't get enough rest as I wanted, so I slept longer.

By the time I woke up, which was about 10 minutes later, the sky started to turn dark. I had no choice but to hang my clothes under the cloudy weather. In no time, rain poured heavily. There's no way my clothes are going to dry. Wearing half-dried clothes feels yucky and clammy.

Whom shall I blame? I don't know. I wish I could put the blame on someone. When my friends hang their clothes, the weather seems to be on their side, but seldom mine. Frustrated to the max!

What a huge joke today. Well... C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment