Sunday, September 18, 2011

Les Miserables

The moment I woke up today, I knew it will be a miserable day. Which was true enough...

As usual, at around 7am, I tried to wake my friend up because I thought he has to be early in church. He woke up, looked at me and continue sleeping. All I can think of was, "What the h*ll." Am I a nobody that can be ignored as you like? Perhaps I was a little too sensitive. Then I went to church. A different church from the one my friend attends.

Later after service, I noticed the sky was a little dark. I texted this friend and asked whether he needs an umbrella. He may be busy in his church for some time. He replied, saying that he is already back at home and was asking whether I was at the umbrella shop. Was he joking or what? I would appreciate a thank you for the thoughtfulness, but definitely not a dry humour like this. I felt bad.

A little later, the cloud of worries gloomed over me. I started to think again about my bank accounts that are about to 'dry up'. No way the money is coming today. Today's Sunday! How am I going to pay my fees? How am I going to pay the rental? What am I going to eat? I had not have a proper meal today and my wallet has less than MYR 10. Books to be paid? Provisions to be purchased? My life sucked. And I can't help but to feel bad whole day. Don't feel like doing anything.

What a miserable day!

No comments:

Post a Comment