Saturday, September 17, 2011

Just a Saturday

With a facial mask on my face and Canon in D by Pachabel as background music, I'm blogging this post.

After reading the novel Fireproof about two years ago, I have been having that admiration for firemen. I thought they are heroes, saving the day. Therefore I signed up to join the Fire Bridage Cadet in UPSI and today is the first meeting, in a classroom.

A well-built man and four seniors came in and gave us some briefing. After some introduction regarding the Brigade, they measured our bodies to make our uniform. Meanwhile, the well-built man, who is our instructor, told some of us to go to the next classroom to take a look at the
Brigadiers who are in full uniform. I was one of them and we gave positive feedback to the class. I guess I've chosen the right uniform body to join and I know I'll be excited to learn new things.

It was brunch after that with a fellow coursemate. We ate in Tanjung Malim town. The food was alright, but what concerned me more was the same for the past week -- my thinning wallet. To date, there is no news about my salary and my scholarship is not coming any soon. Not today, at least. Today's Saturday and nobody's going to work.

If only the money comes in now...

Ok, time to take my mask off.

No comments:

Post a Comment