Thursday, September 22, 2011

En peyar Andrew. Unggal peyar enne?

This morning I started sneezing again. As fast as I could, I popped in a pill, the flu suppressor prescribed by the Health Centre. You probably wouldn't believe how fast it worked. IT WAS ALMOST IMMEDIATELY MY SNEEZING STOPPED!

But you also wouldn't believe the side effects. It was about 10 minutes before Miss Fairus' class that I took the medication. As the class was going on, I started to feel a little drowsy. Oh no.. not now! I've been hearing stories of medications from UPSI's Health Centre will surely cause drowsiness and sleepiness, and it's happening to me right there, during the class. I could not pay attention and all I wanted was the class to end at that very moment.

Today, my dream had come true! I was hoping to learn Tamil the moment I stepped into this university. What a bummer! For the past to semesters, I only took French and Tamil classes were closed because of the lack of enrollment. But today, I was so thrilled that I actually get to learn one of the oldest language on earth!

I learnt to introduce myself. En peyar Andrew. My name is Andrew. Unggal peyar enna? What is your name? I also learnt to write a little Tamil characters. Not too difficult as it seems.

Later in the evening, I went to KHAR and KZ to promote the English Debate Club to the junior TESLians. Though I may not be one of them, but as a science student, I would love to sharpen the way I speak. That is why I joined this club last semester. I participated in the Malaysia Debate Open in Melaka and our own Vice Chancellor Cup in the Proton City campus and even won myself the title as one of the three Best Speaker.

Hopefully this visit will not be in vain. Good night. Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment