Friday, September 16, 2011

A holiday

Today is a recently gazetted holiday, Malaysia Day, the day to commemorate the union of Sabah and Sarawak with Peninsula Malaysia. I believe it's a day to rejoice as many people will be enjoying a long weekend.

To me, however, it is not a very happy day. People are not working today and that causes my salary and scholarship to delay.

Besides, some of my friends from church and I visited a brother who is down with dengue fever at the Slim River Hospital. It is very likely he contracted it back in his hometown, but just a moment ago, people from the Ministry of Health came to our area in Taman Nusa to do some fogging. As hilarious as it may be, it is better to prevent than to cure, as people say.

I may be facing a financial 'plight' now, but i thank God that Touch N Go credited MYR 30 into my bank account. I reported my TnG card that was lost weeks ago, and after investigations, the company returned my balance into my account. Well, at least I can survive this weekend, before I could meet up with the relevant people to settle my salary and scholarship payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment