Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Celebration at my hometown

Today is exactly one week before Christmas. The Central District of the Chinese Annual Conference of the Methodist Church had a celebration in The Mines, Serdang. Well, Serdang isn't exactly my hometown. I'm probably half KL, half Selangor. I was brought up in KL in my formative years.

I glad that there's finally a mass Christmas celebration here at my place. After service, we left via chartered bus to The Mines Shopping Fair. As we arrived, we had 3 hours of free time to roam around. I was a little busy as I had to go to and fro Serdang KTM Station to pick up friends. Then we had meals and a little practice on the Christmas carols.

At 8.15pm, the huge group who participate in the celebration broke into two groups and stood at both the bridges across the canal within the shopping mall. We burst into joyful Christmas carols and cheers. The atmosphere was just awesome. And after the mass choir, we went back up for some performances by a local singer.

A little after 9.30pm, we departed back to Tanjung Malim. Obviously it took us a very long time to reach home as there was a little traffic congestion coming out from the mall, the bus didn't take the highway and Serdang is about 30km down south of KL. And Tanjung Malim is another 70km north of KL, if by highway. That's the reason I'm not asleep even at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment