Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hugs and Embraces

I was both physically and mentally tired today.

First, I had Fire Brigade meeting. It's actually a test today, on giving commands. Owh... I'd rather being given commands and perform drills. I think it didn't turn out very well, at least better than many others. Then, I went to town with my course mate. Besides having brunch, I went to the market to get lemons and he went to seek for the help of a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner.

After that, I went back home to take a nap since at 2.30 pm, I'll be joining a programme with my RAS friends. I was kind of reluctant to go. Thankfully, 4.30 pm came quite soon and I went back home to nap again before heading to church.

I overslept and I was almost late. During worship, I was so down that I almost broke down. But I controlled myself. We had some activities and at the end of it, we were told to take pieces of heart-shaped bread to the person you'd like to apologize or commend, and end it with a hug. I got two hugs and I felt so comforted. 

Recently, I'd been praying that someone would come and give me a hug. If not, to have a comforting hug from my Lord in my dreams would suffice. I know the importance and power of embraces. I expected to get it from someone I trust, but I guess he doesn't have the same trust for me. And he doesn't like the sense of touch, unlike me. I really needed them to affirm and to strengthen myself. Well, you can't get a hug without giving one, so you are actually giving the affirmation to the person you hug, too, while receiving it.

God hears my prayers. I thank God for that.

5 comments:

  1. Wow.. There was an activity like tat tat nite? Not bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm ever in Malaysia, and I meet you, my dear friend, you'll receive at least one humongous manly hug from me...not just because you might need or want it, or even if I might want or need it, but because I found a special e-treasure in your heart....and that's worth embracing forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever get to Malaysia, and if I have the privilege of meeting you in person, I will give you a humongous hug...not because you might need or want one, nor even if I might want or need one, but because I found a special e-treasure in your heart...and that's worth embracing forever.

    ReplyDelete