Sunday, December 25, 2011

Flabbergasted

I thought that was the last post. But today i'd decided to post about it. It's so disturbing, so mind-blowing.

After all the rushing here and there from Tg Malim Chinese Methodist Church to my own church in Sentul, Kuala Lumpur and then back to Tanjung Malim, I was quite exhausted.

Then my friends from church and I had a very late dinner at the newly opened KFC outlet. I just can't be talkative. I was tired and my heart was heavy. But I received a gift from my room mate. It was just so... indescribable. I mean... how could it happen? But before I narrate even more, let me recall the full story, from the beginning.

In our Saturday fellowship, we had this little activity on Shepherds and Sheep. Everyone is a shepherd and everyone is a sheep. You can be this person's shepherd but another person's sheep. The shepherd knows the sheep while the sheep doesn't know who is the shepherd. The shepherd's role is to take care of the sheep by writing messages, giving gifts and showing love by not revealing himself or herself.

This room mate of mine who gave me the gift was my shepherd. And I only knew it today. But I think it was all God's plan. You see, he won a prize in church in the lucky draw and I had to rush back to KL for a while, halfway during the service in the Tg Malim church. So in that period of time, if i were to be around, he wouldn't have the "privacy" to buy the gifts and wrap them. I kind of doubt that he picked his lucky draw gifts and wrap them for me. But he didn't. I trust what he said. And later when we left for KFC, I lost them and I cycled too fast. They were actually stopping by at Secret Recipe. If I didn't overshoot, I would have known that he's my shepherd then. So now I see how God works. It may be puzzling at first, but the final result will be something that surprises me. And I wonder whether God sent him for me or sent me for him. Perhaps both.

I'm speechless now. Words can't describe my feelings. I have no idea what to do, or I have no idea what's ahead.

Anyway, thanks a lot, Joshua Tang.

3 comments:

  1. See, this is how God works. It's God's plan that he was put in ur life n u were put in his life. I was really shocked when I knew too. Anyway, God has his plans. However blur n thrifty he is, he still cares for u, n I noe u do 2. That's wat frens r for! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. He bought the gifts for u. He sat in my room quietly for a while when I was talking to Artur just to asked me for my cellophane tape n scissors to do the wrapping. I think he is sweet though? haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls. i learnt something. i should expect less. especially from him. that should make me a happier person.

    ReplyDelete