Saturday, December 3, 2011

The manliness

It's Saturday, yea... so it's Fire Brigade day. I finally had the chance of drilling with the water hose. My role was to run from end to end to deliver the message, besides carrying a roll of hose and run.

While running with the hose, it unrolls, which is what it should be. Unfortunately, it wasn't properly rolled, or I was a little clumsy and held the hose in a wrong method. The hose bruised my left knuckle. I didn't realize the blister until after the drill. Regardless of the tire and injuries sustained, I must say that it was a good experience. I felt a little of the manliness of a Fire Brigadier.

I always thought that firemen are much better people compared to the police and army. I lost a little confidence for the latter but still have some respect for the former. They risk their lives saving people in danger. What other job that is noble as this?

No comments:

Post a Comment