Monday, October 24, 2011

Ghost university

We've heard of ghost town. But what on earth is a ghost university? Yea, you could sort of guess it.

Today’s the eve of our long Diwali break. In the morning Chemistry class, about 20% of the students were missing. Later in the late afternoon, about the same percentage of students we're missing as well. In general, the campus had turned into a quieter place.

I, as well as many others who are still around, strongly believe that these missing faces had all went back to their hometown. Now, the question is, are they celebrating Diwali? I still saw some Indians (presumably Hindus) in the campus. They were not rushing home. But why the non-Hindus?

This reminds me of my working days in Sunway Pyramid. It was Aidilfitri. The Chinese bosses were taking a week-long leave, while the Malay staffs had to celebrate the first day of Syawal in their department. Wasn't that ironic? I knew about this because I was working during that time for extra money.

C'est la vie, non?

No comments:

Post a Comment