Thursday, October 13, 2011

With a straw, I SUCKED

Today is definitely neither a happy nor a productive day in campus. My schedule was rather packed with Inorganic Chemistry tutorial, EC and Students' Learning and Development. At night, which was just now, I together with a TESL student met 3 TESL juniors in KHAR for debate training. Why was it unfruitful?

Let me start with EC. It was in DKM. Unfortunately, the air-conditioner didn't like us and failed to operate. The room was not that warm, just a little warmer than usual, but it's definitely cooler than outside. It's very sunny today, fyi. The lecturer came. After a little while, she said she will dismiss the class soon. She gave us some briefing on our assignment and off we went to the library to hunt for journals. I didn't really like this because we were not even in class for an hour. Public speaking was off. No teaching was done. I don't like to sound like a miser, but I paid my fees. Shouldn't I deserve more than this? Air-condition breakdown should never be an excuse for any educators to shorten the lecture time. I felt I'm being shortchanged.

During Students' Learning and Development, I couldn't focus. I was just to drained out of the moving about and the errands. And the weather is really draining every drop of energy from me. I nearly dozed off a few times until a classmate offered me a mint breath fresher. And I was not the only one dozing off.

The debate training session was horrible for me. Only three juniors turned up, and I guess my trip to KHAR was of little use. Instead of sharing my experience with them, I ended up surfing the internet. I just wanted to do it. I was frustrated for such a bad day. Unanswered SMSes. Dinner invitations without reply. Nah... life sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment