Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Study blues

Can you imagine doing an experiment following the procedures religiously, but there's no result at all? It's frustrating, isn't it? This happened today!

It was a chemistry experiment this morning. There were three sub experiments to do. Initially, they looked easy, I thought. But as the saying goes, easier said than done. As my partner and I carried out the experiments, we found out that the concoctions we prepared did not show any visible results for more than 15 minutes.

At the end of the class, we consulted the lecturer, who in turn discussed this matter with the lab assistant to change the amount of the chemicals in future. Well, looks like we were treated like lab mice, aren't we? Using the trial-and-error method, we were suppose to test whether the experiment works? Fantastic! C'est la vie!

Biology lecture was much later. We had a quiz today on cell division. The first part was rather easy, asking for the significance of the types of division rather than the process. However, the second part was crazy. We were told to draw the cell cycle, which is still not too hard, but we were also told to explain how the two proteins listed play their roles in cell division. All I could ask was, "What the hell are they?". That part remained blank. Never have I came across those names.

Got to study harder...

Mood was... not as high as the past few days. Skepticism and loneliness kind of got the better of me today. The more I try to mix in a conversation, the more I felt stupid. Fine. Will keep my mouth shut.

2 comments: