Tuesday, October 18, 2011

On Gifts

When someone gives a friend a gift, who should feel happier? The former or the latter? Some say the giver. Some say the recipient.

Perhaps you had encountered this before. You painstakingly chose a gift for a friend, searching high and low for the suitable one. Then you pass it to the friend and that friend briefly said a 'thank you'. Fine. After that, you, by accident, saw the gift you gave to that friend, still nicely wrapped and chucked at a corner. Obviously he has no intentions to use it. And guess what's next? Bingo! That gift is given to the friend of his.

How would you feel? I wouldn't be too happy as my gift wasn't appreciated. Or in other words, my gift sucks. It's useless. And the thought didn't count.

Why do we have such insensitive people around? Are they born to hurt people's feeling? Still, who am I to judge them? But I'm entitled to have my own feelings and thoughts. It's not a crime to have such thoughts, is it? And I wonder what would he say and how would I react upon hearing the answer. I think I shall keep my anger.

Life is bleak. C'est la vie!

2 comments:

  1. It's too bad! I always can't wait to unwrap my gifts when it is on my hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be patient, just for manners' sake. but i will unwrap them and feel thankful and excited like a child at the end of the day.

    the recipient happily chucked it aside.

    ReplyDelete