Saturday, October 1, 2011

To Port Klang

Today is the third meeting of the Fire Brigade. I supposed the instructors didn't prepare the lesson, that is why they made us drill for the entire two hours. Haiz... C'est la vie!

Fortunately, the drill session was not at all fruitless. Besides sharpening our skills, we learnt new moves as well, like marching and 45 degrees turn. When we had a 5 minute break, I took the opportunity to consult one of the instructor on giving commands to a squad as I don't have a loud voice. It's either too soft or something like shrieking that hurts my throat. He told me that one of the ways to practice my voice is to practise the commands with my head facing a basin. I don't know how it works, but I guess it is a good method.

After the drill, my friends and I went to Port Klang together to visit Logos Hope which had stopped at Pulau Indah since two days ago and will be open for visitation for the next three weeks. We hired two cars for 13 of us.

When we were about to go on board, we saw the Starcruise Virgo stopped not far away from Logos. Logos seemed much, much more smaller compared to the luxurious ship, but with her aim to bring hope and knowledge to the world, people flocked to her rather than Virgo.

The book exhibit was obviously packed. We could barely inch ourselves forward. It's a good sign, I thought. The books were priced in units rather than currency. 100 units is equivalent to RM 8. There were lots of good deals around and I bought four books which totaled up to RM 60. My friends, too, bought lots of titles.

Before we departed from the ship, we had some refreshments at the International Cafe. We get to interact with some international staffs. They are really great people. Imagine working with 400 staffs from 40 nationalities and diverse backgrounds. And they are doing a great job bringing hope and knowledge and help to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment