Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Flow gently for me

This morning, I dragged myself up from bed. Had to pack up to go back to Tanjung Malim. Before that, I'll have to take a train to Klang to tag along the van that was coming back here.

We had Klang Bak Kut Teh for brunch. It was.. woowwwww~ I shall not describe for the sake of some readers who may not like or may be offended by this type of Chinese cuisine. Then we traveled back to Tanjung Malim.

The moment I reached home, I quickly grabbed my short pants and towel and cycled to the East Gate of the campus. I'd made an appointment with a TESL junior to have a dip in Sungai Samak. It was really a coincidence. We were chatting on Facebook last night. He told me he was alone in the hostel and bored because all his friends have gone back to their respective hometowns. Poor thing. Then along the lines of the conversation, he mentioned about exploring this little town. I asked whether he had heard of Sungai Samak and eventually invited him to visit that place. He was happy with that idea and quickly agreed as we had not been there.

We cycled there. First, we checked out on some possible fun spots. The best thing was that the water was clear. I don't like murky water. We identified a few and we started with the one near Teratak Riverview campsite, which was the furthest we went. At some parts of the river, the water was swift and deep. Obviously it was thrilling for boys like us. After about an hour, we'd decided to switch spot. Getting ashore was quite a chore as we had to swim against the current. We could have easily been washed away by the mighty waters. We cycled towards the main road and continue hunting for possible spots.

The next spot was a calm site. The river was deep enough and the current was slow enough for a jump. However, I noticed a small school of fish taking shelter near a tree from the current and an army of water striders on the surface of the river. As I have a little phobia for fish, i jumped on the other side. Without those two pesky little creatures, I would have a great time jumping into the river again and again. We only spent a few minutes there.

The third spot was under the bridge. There is a part where the river makes a U-turn. It was deep. Actually, the depth of a river depends on season and weather. Sometimes, a heavy downpour will wash the sands away from one part of the river to the other part. We really had a good time there. There was even an area which is like a V shape. So deep that I can't even stand on it.

After all the current defiance and sun tan, we left, with our hearts lingering at that place.

Wasn't it strange that I didn't ask anyone out but this TESL junior? I could have asked my course mates who didn't went back home. Or some housemates. Oh yea. My room mate wouldn't be interested, that's why i didn't intend to invite him in the first place. I guess I'm quite close to TESL juniors. I'm not even a TESLian.

No comments:

Post a Comment