Saturday, November 5, 2011

It's about faith and endurance

This morning, I went to Batang Kali and Serendah towns to distribute tracts with some friends. As usual, these Chinese settlements have lots of dogs, be it wild or domestic, and that is the only difference. What I mean was that these dogs are all fierce, regardless whether they are reared of not.

There was this house with the gate wide open. The moment I stepped in, 3 dogs came and barked at me. Thank God that I had two dogs at home and I kind of know their behaviour. Running away will surely be a wonderful disaster, so I slowly walked in and whistled. Slowly, the dogs retreated and sat aside, as if they are welcoming a guest. Finally, I succeeded giving a tract to the house by putting it on the grill door. Without faith and endurance, I would have easily quit.

Isn't it the same for relationships? I think there's something strange between my friend and I. We were not close as we used to be. Perhaps it's my fault. Perhaps there's nothing but an inaccurate intuition. Whatever it is, it takes courage and trust between us and faith in God to keep this friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment