Thursday, November 17, 2011

Secretary me

Ok, let me recall what had happened today.

Forget about what happened in the day. Let me focus on what happened just now.

It's the inaugural Annual General Meeting of the English Debate Club just now. The club never had a formal AGM before this. The president, Sanjay wasn't officially the president. The newly elected president is Thilaga. I become the secretary. Aww... How could it be? Secretary posts are normally reserved for girls in UPSI. Perhaps I should break their mindset that guys too, can be effective in being a secretary.

In this club, most of us are TESL students. It's a norm for an English-speaking club to be filled with TESL students. And I feel special to be in this club because I'm the only non-TESLian. Hopefully there will be more non-TESL students joining this club as we need their brains as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment