Monday, November 21, 2011

The smell of the sea

OK Malaysia won the football match with Indonesia. Something to be rejoiced nationwide. My heart leaped, trust me, but I'll talk about something else.

We had dissection today for Biology experiment. We were to observe the structures of slimy and aquatic creatures. It's definitely a nightmare for me.

At first, I was drawing a live snail. I already had that little fear and disgust in me. I'm not a fan of all these slimy creatures. Suddenly, my lecturer placed a squid on a rubber board beside the snail. I got a huge fright and yelled. The squid wasn't disgusting. It was just so abrupt that I thought my lecturer put something scary there. Luckily I didn't scream like a girl. Still, my lecturer laughed at my reaction. My friends, too.

The lab session did not end with a happy mood. Not for me. Things were unpleasant, especially the odour. I would rather dissect a mice like what I did in Form 6. And my friend wasn't feeling well today. She left for the Health Centre while doing the experiment. Hope she's okay now.

No comments:

Post a Comment